Taking part in the course for Provincials, coordinated by Fr Francesco Cereda, Vicar of the Rector Major, and organized by Fr Saimy Ezhanikatt, the Provincials of the nine Salesian circumscriptions, belonging to five regions and five continents, are:
- Fr William Matthews, from the Australia-Pacific Province (AUL);
- Fr Manuel Jiménez, of the Africa Congo Congo Province (ACC);
- Fr Manuel Cayo, of the Peru Province (PER);
- Fr Timothy Zak, from the Province of USA and Canada (SUE);
- Fr Alfonso Bauer, of the Uruguayan Province (URU);
- Fr Carlo Lira, from the Chile Province (CIL);
- Fr Ernesto Piccinini, from the Brazil-São Paulo Province (BSP);
- Fr Jefferson Luis Santos, of the Brazil-Manaus Province (BMA);
- Fr Tihomir Šutalo, from the Province of Croatia (CRO).
The course, as usual, takes place concurrently with a plenary session of the General Council, to allow the new Provincials to interact, meet, discuss issues both in groups and individually, with all the leaders of the Congregation worldwide.
Having started on Sunday 10 June, it runs until Saturday 23rd.
Among the main topics discussed in the joint sessions are the consignment of the six-year guidelines and indications for the Provincial animation and government; the presentation of the fundamental juridical elements, as well as of the current reality of the Congregation in the various regions; and suggestions for the care of religious life and religious discipline among the communities entrusted to them.
Among the events that complete the formation course, there will also be a day of spiritual retreat, Saturday, 16 June, and three visits: one to the Vatican, on the afternoon of 19 June; one to see the places of Don Bosco at the Sacred Heart on the morning of the following day; and a last visit to the Salesian Pontifical University, on Friday 22nd.
The course ends on Saturday, 23, with a moment of sharing the experiences lived among all the participants of the course, together with the Rector Major and his Council.