The Rector Major nominated the designated members of the two commissions after being in turn contacted by the Regulator of the GC28, Fr Stefano Vanoli, and having received the availability to participate by the Salesians concerned.
Taking part in the Precapitular Commission on the theme of the Chapter are:
- Fr Manolo Jiménez, Superior of the Vice Province of Africa Congo-Congo (ACC), Region of Africa-Madagascar;
- Fr Alphonse Owoudou, Superior of the Vice Province of Tropical Equatorial Africa (ATE), Region of Africa-Madagascar;
- Br Hugo Carlos Vera, Salesian Brother, from the Province of Southern Argentina (ARS), America South Cone Region;
- Fr Gildasio Dos Santos, Provincial of Brazil-Campo Grande (BCG), America South Cone Region;
- Fr Alfred Maravilla, Superior of the Papua New Guinea-Solomon Islands Vice Province (PGS), East Asia-Oceania Region;
- Fr Jose Kuttianimattathil, from the India-Bangalore Province (INK), Regional Coordinator for Formation, South Asia Region;
- Fr Eunan McDonnel, Provincial of Ireland (IRL), Central and Northern Europe Region;
- Fr José Anibal Mendonça, Provincial of Portugal (POR), Mediterranean Region;
- Fr Hugo Orozco, Provincial of Mexico-Guadalajara (MEG), Interamerica Region;
- Fr Igino Biffi, Provincial of Italy-North-East (INE), Mediterranean Region;
- Fr Eugenio Riva, Superior of the “Mary Throne of Wisdom” Vice Province (UPS);
- Fr Andrea Bozzolo, professor of Dogmatic Theology at the Turin Section of the Faculty of Theology of the UPS;
- Fr Rossano Sala, Special Secretary of the Synod of Bishops on Youth.
The commission will meet at the Salesian Headquarters from 9 to 20 September 2019.
The Precapitular Commission on judicial issues will be part of:
- Fr David Albornoz, Vicar of the Chile Province (CIL);
- Fr Pier Fausto Frisoli, Procurator General;
- Fr Alberto Lorenzelli, Director of the Salesian community of the Vatican (RMG);
- Fr Jesu Pudumai Doss, Dean of the Faculty of Canon Law of the UPS.
The commission will meet at the Salesian Headquarters from 23 to 30 September 2019.