Participating in the course for Salesian Provincials, coordinated by Fr Francesco Cereda, Vicar of the Rector Major, and organized by Fr Saimy Ezhanikatt, are:
- Fr Joy Sebastian Thekumcherikunnel, Vice Province of Southern Africa (AFM);
- Fr Alfred Maravilla, Vice Province of Papua New Guinea-Solomon Islands (PGS);
- Fr Januarius Sangma, India-Guwahati Province (ING);
- Fr Paul Olphindro, India-Shillong Province (INS);
- Fr Marko Košnik, Province of Slovenia (SLO);
- Fr Giuliano Giacomazzi, Lombardia-Emilia Province of Italy (ILE);
- Fr Igino Biffi, Province of North-East Italy (INE);
- Fr José León Alejandro, Province of Middle East (MOR);
- Fr Ángel Asurmendi Martínez, Province of Spain-Mary Help of Christians (SMX).
Following a well-established pattern, the activities of the course foresee morning sessions of group work, in which the Rector Major and the various Sector Councilors (Formation, Youth Ministry, Social Communication, Missions and Economics) offer their recommendations and indications to the Provincials.
In the afternoon, then, it is up to the Regional Councilors to present to the Provincials an overview of the conditions of the Salesian realities in their various geographical contexts.
From the past editions of the course, individual interviews have proved to be fundamental: every day, each Provincial will be engaged in frank and open dialogue with the Rector Major, his Vicar or one of the Councilors of the sector, so as to share programs, perspectives, challenges. and difficulties.
Finally, the course also offers an opportune time, in the period of Advent and near Christmas, for the sharing of prayer and moments of spirituality, useful also to deepen the sense of belonging to the Congregation.