Participants in the course are:
- Fr Angelo Santorsola, Provincial of Southern Italy (IME);
- Fr José Aníbal Mendonça, Provincial of Portugal (POR);
- Fr Joseph NG Chi-Yuen, Provincial of the Chinese Province, based in Hong Kong (CIN);
- Fr Jacob Hideaki Hamaguchi, Provincial of Japan (GIA);
- Fr Andrew Wong, Provincial of the Indonesia Vice Province (INA);
- Fr Jose Kuruvachira, Provincial of India-Dimapur (IND);
- Fr Mario Villalba, Provincial of Paraguay (PAR);
- Fr Pierre Célestin Ngoboka, Provincial of the Africa Great Lakes Vice Province (AGL);
- Fr Stefano Aspettati, Provincial of the Central Italy Circumscription (ICC);
- Fr Ignacio Ocampo Uribe, Provincial of Mexico-México (MEM);
- Fr Timothy (Won Chol) Choi, Provincial of South Korea (KOR).
For two weeks, until Saturday 22 June, the 11 Provincials already in office in their respective circumscriptions (some already for over a year, others for just a few months) will have the opportunity to receive ideas and indications from the General Council, and to gain a broader vision of the needs, challenges and processes underway in the Congregation – elements, these, that are decisive for harmonizing the local paths with the general one of the Salesian Society and of the Universal Church.
In consideration of their role of animation and of government, the Provincials will also receive various inputs on the legal aspects of the administration; without forgetting, of course, opportunities for mutual sharing and of Salesian fraternity.
It should be pointed out that the course that has just begun is the last training course for new Provincials before the 28th General Chapter (GC28); the next one, in fact, will take place in June 2020 and will be led by the General Council renewed by the GC28.