Participants in the course coordinated by Fr Francesco Cereda, Vicar of the Rector Major, and organized by Fr Saimy Ezhanikatt, are:
- Fr Albert Kitungwa, of the Central African Province (AFC);
- Fr Simon Lipuku Asira, of the East Africa Province (AFE);
- Fr Alphonse Owoudou, of the Equatorial Tropical Africa Vice Province (ATE);
- Fr Adam Parszywka, from the Southern Poland Province (PLS);
- Fr Wilfried Wambeke, of the Northern Belgium Province (BEN);
- Fr Eunan Mcdonnell, from the Province of Ireland (IRL);
- Fr Reinhard Gesing, of the German Province (GER);
- Fr Ángel Prado, from the Central America Province (CAM).
The course began on the evening of Sunday 3 December and ends on Saturday 16 December. Mornings, the Provincials have the opportunity to receive recommendations and indications pertaining to their mandate from the Rector Major and the various Sector Councilors. In the afternoon, the Regional Councilors present an overview of Salesian conditions in a number of geographical contexts to the entire group.
Fundamental and much-appreciated, as made clear from past editions of the course, are the individual one-on-one talks: every day, each Provincial engages in frank and open dialogue with the Rector Major, his Vicar or one of the Councilors of the sectors discussed, so as to share programs, perspectives, challenges and difficulties.
Finally, the course also offers a time to develop a genuine climate of fraternity between the Provincials and Council members through the sharing of prayer and community.