The manifesto can be read in full in English on the new site of the DBI - www.donboscointernational.eu - the body which aims to raise awareness and spread the institutional work carried out by the Salesian Congregation in the Brussels office, with the European institutions and other parties involved in building a more inclusive Europe for all.
"Too many people in Europe are dissatisfied and disappointed by the European Union and feel distant from its institutions and its policies.” The work of DBI seeks to bring the provinces closer to each other and especially the young people who attend the Salesian works, to promote active citizenship, as well as promoting Don Bosco.
For this reason, DBI is committed, along with other national entities and European and international organizations, to participate and work towards a Europe that is inclusive, open, fair, sustainable, and that works for people of every age, background and nation.
And this calls for:
• Rejection of populist solutions
• Facing the challenges together
• Fighting for a sustainable social Europe that takes care of our common home
• Striving for a better Europe and not for "less" Europe
• Favouring listening and commitment from politicians to citizens
• Providing arguments in favour of Europe and cooperation between the countries that form it.