On September 1, 1911, the idea of erecting a monument to Don Bosco took shape at the International Congress of Past Pupils, attended by people from 22 countries.
The monument that we admire today in Piazza Maria Ausiliatrice, in Turin, was inaugurated 100 years ago, on May 23, 1920.
A significant element is the holiness that has flourished among the Past Pupils. Blessed Alberto Marvelli was, in fact, a Past Pupil. So were the servants of God Nino Petyx and Salvo D’Acquisto, who both received school training in Salesian institutes.