In October 1853 the workshop for learning the shoemaker's trade was set up in a small corridor of Pinardi House, near the bell tower of the chapel of St. Francis de Sales. In the same year the tailoring workshop was also opened, in the old kitchen of Casa Pinardi.
In 1854 the third workshop, the bookbinding workshop, was opened. Gradually, a small bookstore grew out of this workshop, which ten years later became an independent business.
The fourth workshop of this decade was opened in 1856 and was the carpentry workshop. It was established in November and arose in front of St. Francis de Sales Church. Compared to the other three, the carpentry workshop was the largest and best equipped workshop.
Source: Boletín Salesiano CAM