Thailand - 76 blind students receive their diploma
Pakkred, Thailand - March 2020 - The Pakkred Skills Development Center for the Blind, Nonthaburi, celebrated its award ceremony for 76 students. The event was honored by the presence of Mr. Khan Prachuabmoh, President of the Foundation for the Blind of Thailand. Students received their diploma after completing their courses in Thai massage for Health by blind practitioners; helpers of traditional Thai medicine; traditional Thai massage and Thai massage for Health. The Center has been under the care of the Salesians of Don Bosco since 1978. Currently, Fr Charles Velardo, SDB, and the Salesian coadjutor brother Joseph Suwan, supervise the center together with a staff of 22 lay people, with 50 students. The Center, in addition to education and work skills, offers students various sports activities that promote physical development and self-esteem. Most graduates are able to find work immediately and continue to improve their skills for many years.
- Japan – 2020 Tokyo Paralympics: Salesian past pupils stand out
- Thailand – The visually impaired in Thailand helping one another fight Covid-19
- Burundi – New frontier of apostolate for people with disabilities
- Thailand - Solidarity actions and new year of novitiate
- Thailandia – Salesian Cooperators' advice to young people in conflict with the law
- Thailand – Cycling with the Blind
- Thailand - "For us Don Bosco is a father". The men's national Goalball team brings Don Bosco to "Asian Para Games"