Peru - A "love story" that unites young people
Lima, Peru - April 2020 - In these times of compulsory social distancing and isolation, a group of young people from the Salesian Youth Movement (MGS) of Breña, in Lima, shared a gesture of affection for the Salesian Family of Peru: the young people got together, each from their own home, to sing a special version of the song "Love Story", (Historia de Amor). For young people, this is a song that describes the feeling of belonging to a dream as big as Don Bosco's: a love story that has come from very far in their lives to remain in their hearts, even in times of uncertainty and difficulty like what the world is experiencing. The desire of this group of young people is to unite, through this song and in the sign of the charism received, the entire Salesian Family, so that it maintains faith and trust in Don Bosco and Mary Help of Christians.
- Peru – Community kitchen: "We want to demonstrate that there is no authentic Christian life without social commitment"
- Peru – "My father, people die: oxygen is lacking, food is lacking ...". Salesians in landfills help the forgotten
- Peru - "Food Angels" help the poor
- Peru - Salesians help families of "Saqsaywamán Fortress"
- Peru – "Works are love and not good reasons": being charitable means finding Jesus in the poor
- Peru – Young Venezuelan migrants in Magdalena del Mar: "Preparing bags of food for poorest"
- Peru – At 92, always young and attentive to the poor, even during Covid-19: Fr Rolando Ramos Guija, SDB
- Peru – UNHCR and Salesians united in favor of blocked migrants. "The poor will never find God indifferent"
- Peru – Many the poor knocking at parish door of Mary Help of Christians and Casa Don Bosco, say: "Thank you, God bless you"
- Peru – Quarantine has left poor unprepared. And “it hurts to say no ..."
- Peru – Giovanni, past pupil of Magdalena del Mar oratory: "I have to do something with local young people"
- Peru - Friendship scores goals in Salesian oratories