India - Don Bosco Ashalayam helps migrants return home
New Delhi, India - May 2020 - On May 27, the Salesian work "Don Bosco Ashalayam" in New Delhi helped 60 migrant workers to return to their homes in Madhuavani and Chhapra in the state of Bihar, making two buses available to them. Fr Swanoop Choudhury, Director of "Don Bosco Ashalayam", coordinated the operation, obtained the necessary authorizations from the government, with the registration of passengers and COVID-19 tests at the office of the district magistrate of Khaanpur, Delhi. Also, migrants were provided with food packages, water, fruit, and protective masks.
- India – “Ekalavya Children’s home” supports school dropouts, rescues child laborers and provides basic needs for at-risk children
- India – A new solar panel for electricity for “Don Bosco Ashalayam” in Lucknow
- India – Migrants, the Nowhere People
- India – Vivek Saini, Salesian Past Pupil, a frontline warrior fight against Covid-19
- India - Past Pupils of Alaknanda produce live broadcast on Facebook to report on COVID-19
- India – "Don Bosco Network" support local population
- India – "We delivered food to more than one million people in India during the pandemic"
- India - Meeting of "Don Bosco Youth Animation" delegates
- India - First Salesian profession of 12 young people
- India - Awareness campaign to fight Covid-19
- India – Teaching children to write: their future