Italy - Councilor for Africa-Madagascar Region meets African Salesians present at UPS
Rome, Italy - July 2020 - On July 12, Fr Alphonse Owoudou, Councilor for the Africa-Madagascar Region, had a first meeting with the African Salesians present at the Salesian Pontifical University (UPS) in Rome. The meeting, which took place in compliance with the anti-COVID-19 directives, took place in the upper church of the UPS, with the aim of establishing contact between the Councilor and the Salesians of the Region present at the UPS for reasons of study or mission. Fr Gabriel Ngendakuriyo, Director of the community Don Rua welcomed Fr Owoudou, who articulated his intervention on three points: presentation of the function of the Regional Councilor according to the Salesian Constitutions and the deliberations of the GC28; reflections and actions that all the Salesians of the Africa-Madagascar Region are called to carry out for a more effective Salesian presence in the Region; presentation of its program for the next year. After his speech, there was a moment of dialogue with the participants, with questions about the configuration of the region, the functioning of the Conference of Provinces and Vice Provinces of the Region (CIVAM).
- Italy – General Councilor for Formation presides over first Curatorium of UPS "Zeffirino Namuncurá" community in its new headquarters
- Italy - Fr Fistarol takes over direction of Salesian Work in Testaccio
- Italy - UPS academic community commemorates late Prof. Fr Carlo Nanni, professor and rector emeritus
- Italy – Inter-university cooperation agreement signed between University of Turin, Polytechnic of Turin and Salesian Pontifical University
- Italy - Diaconal ordinations of 12 Salesians
- Italy - Three Salesians ordained priests