United States – Fr. Craig Spence Ordained
Harvey, United States – July 31, 2021 – Fr. Charles Craig Spence, SDB, was ordained a priest on Saturday, July 31, by Abp. Gregory Aymond of New Orleans. The ordination was celebrated at St. John Bosco Church in Harvey, La., with 14 priests and 2 deacons concelebrating, including by Fr. Steve Ryan, the local Salesian director; and the provincial, Fr. Timothy Zak. The archbishop’s 15-minute homily began with a comparison of our human lives with fingerprints – everyone’s are unique, everyone’s call and everyone’s relationships are unique – and ended with some exhortations to Fr. Craig: to make Christ the centre of his life, to seek forgiveness in sacramental confession so as to be able to offer it to penitents, and to live out his Salesian vows. Fr. Craig celebrated a Mass of Thanksgiving (his “first Mass”) at Holy Family Church in Pass Christian, Miss., on August 1.
Photo: Fr. Craig elevates the chalice after consecrating the Precious Blood. Concelebrating priests (l-r) include Fr. Dennis Hartigan, SDB; Fr. Mike Austin, pastor; Fr. Wilgintz Polynice, SDB; Fr. Steve Ryan, SDB; and Fr. Dieunel Victor, SDB.
- United States - The Salesian community of New Rochelle celebrates Thanksgiving
- United States - The B.E.S.T. of the "Don Bosco Prep"
- United States - Three Salesians Make Perpetual Vows
- United States - Five SLMs Commissioned on August 20
- United States - First professions of two young Salesians
- Mexico - International Preparation Course for Perpetual Profession
- USA - Online Workshop for Directors of SUE and SUO Provinces
- United States - Ordinations of three Salesians