Australia - Relaunch of the "Cagliero Project"
Melbourne, Australia - August 2021 - The long-term international volunteer program of the Salesian Province of Australia-Pacific (AUL), called the "Cagliero Project", was unable to send its volunteers abroad due to the pandemic. Director Lauren Hichaaba said: “During this time, we've been working on developing long-term volunteer placements in Australia. We are thrilled to have some large communities in Australia ready to host volunteers in 2022 and beyond. We will continue to closely monitor border closures and as soon as they are reopened we'll begin to send volunteers back to placement communities abroad." Also, government guidelines for international travel will be followed and each country and location shall be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. For the moment, applications continue to be collected for placement communities inside Australia.
- East Timor – Jim’s experience, a retiree and volunteer of Cagliero Project
- Australia – 75 years of the presence of the Salesians at Glenorchy
- Australia - Four Salesians ordained deacons
- Fiji Islands - Salesians on mission in villages of Muanikoso and Makoi
- Australia - Primary school students fast to raise money for missions
- Samoa - Community Sewing Program
- Samoa - Priestly ordination of Salesian Sinapati Ioane
- Fiji Islands - Salesian community of Suva distributes aid to families
- Australia - Feast of Mary Help of Christians