Costa Rica – 5th Congress of Salesian Cooperators of Central South America Province
San Jose, Costa Rica - March 2023 - From March 3 to 5, the Fifth Elective Congress of the Salesian Cooperators (SSCC) of Central South America (CAMSUR) was held in "Casa Mornese" on the theme "Aspiring to Higher Charisms." Delegates and councils from Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama attended the meeting; Martín Calderon, World Councilor of the SSCCs; Fr. René Santos, SDB Provincial Delegate; Sr. Aracely Mayorga, FMA Provincial Delegate; and Sr. Lidia Espinoza, Local Delegate from Panama. Fr. Javier Ocampo, outgoing Provincial Coordinator, chaired the event together with the support team appointed by the Provincial Council. The Congress began with a visit to "La Casa del Virgen" and the Blessed Sister María Romero Museum. Then, back at Casa Mornese, the congress participants celebrated the Stations of the Cross and received a "good night" from Sister Mayorga. The second day began with the opening of the Congress, an in-depth look at the reality of the province and the theme "Co-responsibility with the Mission," presented by Sister Mayorga. The day ended with the Eucharist and the presentation of some Salesian Cooperators who stood out for their service and dedication. The third day saw the election of the new Provincial Council for the period 2023-2026, which will be led by Karina Pico and with the accompaniment of Fr. Santos and Sr. Mayorga.
- Italy – Gathering of World Council of Salesian Cooperators 2023
- Costa Rica - CEDES Don Bosco launches anti-violence campaign "Yo asumo el RETO" and invites more schools to join
- Costa Rica - "Mamma Margaret Workshops," an option for the advancement of women
- Costa Rica - New Provincial Council of Salesian Cooperators of CAM South.
- Costa Rica - Promise of six new Salesian Cooperators
- Costa Rica - VI Central American Congress of ADMA: "Mary Help of Christians, model of Christian life"
- Costa Rica - CEDES Don Bosco student among Latin America's top Taekwondo athletes