Portugal - Inauguration of "St. John Bosco" chapel in Assumption of Mary parish in Almada
Almada, Portugal - April 2019 - On the occasion of Palm Sunday, the parish of the Assumption of Mary of Almada inaugurated the chapel dedicated to St. John Bosco, with a relic "ex indumentis" of 1931. The Salesian community in Portugal offered an image of the saint of youth. The chapel was built by Tiago and João Bento with the paintings of the artist Leonor Wemans, representing St. Louis Maria Grignion de Montfort, St. Francis and St. Jacinta Marto and St. John Bosco with St. Dominic Savio and the children of the oratory. The image of Our Lady of Fatima, with the miracle of the sun along with a very ancient parish crucifix, flank the imposing shrine, where the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place every day. In September the activities of the adjacent St John Bosco Center will begin, which will offer the service of hospitality animated by the Sisters Servants of the Lord and of the Virgin of Matará, of the religious family of the Incarnate Word.