NEWS PHOTOS

Vatican City, Vatican - March 2020 - The General Audience of 18 March was celebrated by Pope Francis at 9.30 in the Library of the Vatican Apostolic Palace. It was streamed and broadcast live on television due to the health emergency. Continuing the cycle of catechesis on the Beatitudes, the Pope focused his meditation on the fifth beatitude: "Blessed are the merciful, because they will find mercy" (Mt 5,7). After special greetings to the faithful, Pope Francis launched an appeal for the celebration of the next initiative entitled: "24 hours for the Lord" (20-21 March 2020). Addressing the Italian-speaking faithful, the Holy Father said, "I make my own the appeal of the Italian Bishops who in this health emergency have promoted a moment of prayer for the whole country. Every family, every faithful, every religious community: all united spiritually tomorrow (today, Editor's note) at 9 pm in the recitation of the Rosary, with the Mysteries of light. I will accompany you from here." The General Audience ended with the recitation of the Pater Noster and the Apostolic Blessing.

Manique, Portugal - February 2020 - On 22 and 23 February the Salesians of Manique organized a meeting at the Bicesse Youth Center with 45 young people aged between 8 and 15, accompanied by 10 animators, and a group of parents attending. The event focussed on the theme: “You are mission! I am with you”, on the differences that make all persons unique and at the same time important.

Salvador, Brazil - March 2020 - On 9 March, the "Project of Humanity" was presented to the elementary school students of the Salesian institute in Salvador. The project is based on the 2020 Fraternity Campaign, its theme: "Fraternity and life: gift and commitment." It invites us to think about the rediscovery of small daily actions and behaviour capable of renewing life in its various dimensions: personal, community, social and ecological. The project embraces the subjects of History, Geography, Religious Education and Philosophy. Through practical activities it aims to awaken in the community - especially among students - a critical awareness of the gift of life, following the "see, be supportive and take care of yourself" principle.

Sihanoukville, Cambodia - March 2020 - In order to support its activities in favor of poor young people in Cambodia, the Salesian community of Sihanoukville carries out a self-sustainability project via several commercial activities in the building in front of the " Don Bosco Technical - Hotel School ”(DBTS). 31 stores were built, each of about 60 square meters, all already open, and only three not yet rented. The proceeds from these activities will be distributed by assigning 40% to scholarships for DBTS students and the remaining 60% to support other Salesian works of the Cambodian Delegation.

InfoANS

ANS - “Agenzia iNfo Salesiana” is a on-line almost daily publication, the communication agency of the Salesian Congregation enrolled in the Press Register of the Tibunal of Rome as n 153/2007.

This site also uses third-party cookies to improve user experience and for statistical purposes. By scrolling through this page or by clicking on any of its elements, you consent to the use of cookies. To learn more or to opt out, click "Further Information".