The Rector Major, in the final address and in the programmatic guidelines for the six-year term, places the apex of the challenges in charismatic depth, the foundation of which is the relationship with Jesus Christ, and in living the "Salesian sacrament" of presence.
The GC28 at n° 37 indicated in mission synodality the way for the conversion of heart and mind, the direction of youth ministry and the way to fulfill, in the men and women of communion, the construction of the family spirit and the sharing of the mission. In No. 3 he also indicated in the field of affectivity, with all the issues related to gender and sexual identity, a challenge to the Christian anthropological viewpoint.
The objective of the series of meetings, which begin next Saturday, November 14 and will last until April 2021, will be to deepen the charismatic identity starting from the "Salesian sacrament of presence" in the form of missionary synodality with an emphasis on the affective dimension.
The methodology includes online formation sessions in the style of an interview, lasting 35-40 minutes, and with the possibility of further exploring the topic through questions via chat from the participants (for another 30 minutes). Meetings can also be recorded, viewed and reviewed at a later time.
The recipients of the initiative are all Salesians in initial and ongoing formation who wish to experience a charismatic deepening starting from GC28.
The calendar of appointments includes:
- “The Anthropology of Salesian Holiness”, (interview with Lodovica Zanet, collaborator of the General Postulation of the Salesian Family) - Saturday 14 November (9-10:15 am).
- “The Salesian 'sacrament of presence'”, (interview with Fr Ángel Fernandez Artime, Rector Major) - Saturday 5 December (9-10:15 am).
- “The sacrament of the Eucharistic presence: theological and spiritual insights”, (dialogue with Fr François-Marie Léthel, O.C.D.) - Saturday 23 January (9-10:15 am).
- “Missionary synodality towards the poorest young people in a Eucharistic key”, (interview with Fr Roberto Carelli SDB) - Saturday 20 February (9-10:15 am).
- “Affection and the Eucharist: for an itinerary of education to love”, (dialogue with Fr Andrea Bozzolo SDB) - Saturday 20 March (9-10:15 am).
- “The 'sacrament of presence' in the experience of two Salesian cooperative women: Alexandrina da Costa and Vera Grita”, (dialogue with Maria Rita Scrimieri, coordinator of the "Opera dei Tabernacoli Viventi" Studies Center) - Saturday 17 April (9-10:15 am).
The meetings will be streamed on the Facebook page of the Salesians Don Bosco Italy.