Addressing his confreres at the Salesian Motherhouse, the Rector Major recalled that from the beginning of the session, on December 1, to its conclusion, a total of 42 sessions of joint work of the Council members were carried out - thus, without taking into account the personal work of each person to study the materials.
The 10th Successor of Don Bosco, with the consent of the other Council members, appointed as many as 16 Provincial Superiors:
- Fr. Ademir Ricardo Cwendrych for BRAZIL - PORTO ALEGRE (BPA)
- Fr. Julio Andrés Navarro Mora for CENTRAL AMERICA (CAM)
- Fr. Bart Decancq for NORTHERN BELGIUM AND HOLLAND (BEN)
- Fr. Juan Pablo Alcas Michilot for PERU (PER)
- Fr. Dal Molin Roberto for ITALY-LOMBARDY-EMILIA (ILE)
- Fr. Reinhard Gesing for GERMANY (GER)
- Fr. Eunan McDonnell for IRELAND (IRL)
- Fr. Don Bosco Lourdusamy for INDIA-MADRAS (INM)
- Fr. Boonlert Paneetatthayasai for THAILAND (THA)
- Fr. Aurélien Mukangwa Mwana Ngoy for AFRICA CONGO (ACC)
- Fr. Gianpaolo Roma for ITALY - SOUTH (IME)
- Fr. Marcelo Alfonso Farfán Pacheco for ECUADOR (ECU)
- Fr. Michael Kazembe Mbandama for ZAMBIA - MALAWI - ZIMBABWE - NAMIBIA (ZMB)
- Fr. Václav Klement, for AFRICA SOUTH (AFM)
- Fr. Tarcízio António Morais de Castro for PORTUGAL (POR)
- Fr. Fernando Miranda Ustero for SPAIN – MARY HELP OF CHRISTIANS (SMX).
Furthermore, 43 Provincial Councilors, 89 Directors of Works, and two Novice Masters were also appointed.
At the level of Salesian houses, 2 works were canonically erected and three new presences were started, to which a sector of works in Camaçari, Brazil, dependent on the house in Salvador de Bahia, should be added.
Finally, reports on Extraordinary Visits were studied and discussed:
- Colombia-Bogota (COB), by Fr. Hugo Orozco, Councilor for the Inter-American Region;
- Ukraine (UKR), by Fr. Roman Jachimowicz, Councilor for the Central and Northern Europe Region;
- Hungary (UNG), also by Fr. Jachimowicz;
- India-Mumbai (INB), by Fr. Biju Michael, Councilor for the South Asia Region;
- Brazil-Porto Alegre (BPA), by Fr. Gabriel Romero, Councilor for the America South Cone Region;
- Uruguay (URU), also by Fr. Romero;
- Australia-Pacific (AUL), by Fr. Joseph Nguyen Thinh Phuoc, Councilor for the East Asia-Oceania Region;
- Southern Africa (AFM), by Fr Alphonse Owoudou, Councilor for the Africa-Madagascar Region;
- France and Southern Belgium (FRB), by Fr. Fabio Attard, Head of Salesian and Lay Formation in Europe.
Other noteworthy moments, the fraternal and joint meeting with the General Council of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians (FMA), which took place last December 22; and the XLI edition of the Days of Spirituality of the Salesian Family, which saw the massive participation of the General Council in the different events