The Chapter Assembly held the vote, confirming the General Superior of the Congregation, namely Sr. Maria Gorretti Maliwan Porramatwirote, elected for the second time, who will serve from 2020 to 2025.
The Assembly also chose the Council Members of the General Superior:
– Vicar General and Councilor for Ongoing Formation: Sr. Maria Sompong Thabping;
– Councilor for Initial Formation: Sr. Bernadette Meena Phuengphornphra;
– Councilor for Mission and Youth Ministry: Sr. Agnes Nilubol Thivakorn;
– Councilor for Education: Sr. Maria Dararat Phengphinit;
– Councilor for Financial Administration: Sr. Theresa Utsanee Hembutr;
– Councilor for Secretariate Duties: Sr. Bernadette Utumporn Saelow.
Mother Maria Gorretti Maliwan Porramatwirote was born on 22 June 1954 in Don Krabueang, Banpong Municipality, Ratchaburi Province. She made her First Religious Profession on 6 May 1973 and her Perpetual Religious Profession on 3 May 1982.
She has got a Bachelor's Degree in Education; Salesian Spirituality at the Salesian Pontifical University, Rome.
Among her previous responsibilities, she was General Superior from 2015 to 2020, and has twice been Vicar.
“I am grateful to all the Sisters for your trust. Alone I cannot do much. But I am ready to be an instrument of God in accepting His divine plan,” said the Mother General upon accepting the election results.
Then she added: “I believe in the guidance of God and the collaboration of the Councilors and the Sisters, especially in fulfilment of our mission according to the theme of the 12th General Chapter.”
SIHM Social Communication Office