The Forum wishes to "revive the commitment for and with the younger generations, renewing the passion for a more open and inclusive education, capable of patient listening, constructive dialogue and mutual understanding."
Three of the event's generating values:
- We are: being there firsthand, not keeping or staying out of the course of global, local, personal history. Everyone, young and old, can choose to be there, present.
- We share: share and participate. Dialogue is essential to build the "culture of the encounter, of meeting", to change the model of global development, to reorient globalization towards relationality.
- We care: get involved personally in understanding the implications of our being a single human family.
The Salesian Pontifical University and the Faculty of Educational Sciences "Auxilium" believe that, in the current social context, it is necessary to open spaces for dialogue and mutual accompaniment, make educational alliances between all the protagonists of social life and rediscover the importance of education.
"We must seek together new forms of active participation of young people and adults born from creative sharing, from the involvement of all," say the promoters of the initiative.
The specificity of the forum is given by the methodology used, which will be divided into three stages:
- Groups of dialogue by membership (children, educators, young workers, etc.) - who will answer a series of questions;
- Moderated comparison groups, where the same groups are involved in a dialogue;
- Finally the General Assembly - where each moderated comparison group shares its summary.