After this first preparatory week to Chapter work, with the presentation of the reports of the General Council on the six-year term just ended and the introduction to the three thematic groups, next Saturday the GC28 will fully enter into the heart of the matter.
The opening Mass, in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians, will be broadcast live in the original language at 8:00 am (UTC + 1). Subsequently, the official opening session will be broadcast from the Teatro Grande di Valdocco with the live broadcast available in four language channels (Italian, English, Spanish and Portuguese).
Numerous civil and religious authorities are expected to attend the solemn ceremony: the mayor of the city of Turin, Chiara Appendino, was invited; the archbishop of Turin, Msgr. Cesare Nosiglia; Cardinal João Braz de Aviz, Prefect of the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life; numerous Salesian cardinals and prelates: Cardinals Óscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, Tarcisio Bertone and Ricardo Ezzati; Monsignors Enrico dal Covolo, Adrianus van Luyn, Mario Toso, Vitaliy Krivitskiy, Calogero La Piana, Peter Štumpf, Joaquim da Silva Mendes, Luc Van Looy, Ludwig Schwarz, and others.
The participation by the Superiors Major and Directors of the Salesian Family will also be very large and of great importance. In fact, there will be:
- Mother Yvonne Reungoat, Mother General of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians;
- Antonio Boccia, World Coordinator of the Salesian Cooperators;
- Renato Valera, President of the Association of Mary Help of Christians (ADMA) Primary;
- the World Heads of Don Bosco Volunteers and Volunteers with Don Bosco;
- the Presidents of the Confederations of the SDB and FMA Past Pupils, Michal Hort and Maria Maghini respectively;
- Dina Moscioni, General Coordinator of the Witnesses of the Risen One;
- Mother Graziella Benghini, General Superior of the Salesian Oblates of the Sacred Heart;
- deacon Guido Pedroni, General Custodian of the Community of the Mission of Don Bosco;
- Fr Joe D’Souza, SDB, founder and superior of the Disciples;
- Fr Jonas Abib, SDB, founder and superior of Cancão Nova;
- Mother Teresia Furuki Ryoko, Superior General of the Sisters of Charity of Jesus;
- Sister Luigina Bellomo, Vicar General of the Apostles of the Holy Family;
- and Delegations and representations of other groups still.
After Mass and greetings, Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, Rector Major, will deliver the opening speech, at the end of which the Chapter Regulator, Fr Stefano Vanoli, will officially declare the GC28 open.
Stay tuned via the ANS Facebook page.