1. "Education is a thing of the heart."
Both the child's father and histeachers, in fact, show a great passion in their work of educating: to form people there is a need for so much love.
2. "From the good education of young people depends the happiness of nations."
Significant the efforts of the school director who works so that Auggie feels welcome right from the start. The director is also involved in integration, because respect for differences is based on the belief that there is a common dignity.
3. "Remove chatter and partiality from a community and enjoy perfect peace."
This advice from Don Bosco to the Salesian communities is applicable to any human group. If prejudices are left aside, there are better chances of understanding, as shown in the film.
4. "Sweetness in talking, acting and even scolding wins over everything and everyone."
Despite everything, Auggie does not hesitate to show his sympathy and kindness.
5. "Without a smile, it is not possible to show friendship."
Auggie starts to feel integrated only when he meets his first friend with whom, as every child does, he laughs and has fun.
6. "It is not enough to love the young; it is necessary that they feel loved."
Auggie's family loves him madly and when the child feels marginalized at school, they are there to remind him of how extraordinary he is.
7. "Being good does not consist in not making mistakes, but in knowing how to make amends."
One of the most difficult moments for Auggie is when he finds out that his friend Jack Will is talking badly about him with the other classmates. The friend, however, acknowledges his mistakes, apologizes and commits himself to regaining Auggie's trust.
8. "In every young man, even in the most unfortunate, there are germs of kindness."
This sentence of Don Bosco, full of hope, is reflected in the film through the character of Julian, the child who often attacks Auggie, but who in the end repents and apologizes.
9. "Sadness and melancholy – out of my home!"
Don Bosco has always exhorted everyone to happiness and to be happy and this sentence seems to be the maxim of the Pullman family.
10. "The thorns of life will be transformed into flowers for eternity."
Auggie knows that he must never give up and that only in this way will he succeed in achieving his objectives.
Critically acclaimed, Wonder has already received numerous awards, including three nominations for the Critics' Choice Award 2018 and an Oscar nomination for Best Makeup.
For more information, visit: http://salesianos.info/