Moderated by prof. Cristiano Ciferri, the meeting saw the participation of over 300 participants from various parts of the world. After the initial greetings of prof. Mauro Mantovani, Magnificent Rector of the Salesian Pontifical University, and prof. Michal Vojtáš, Director of the Institute of Pedagogy, the following presented their papers:
- Prof. Piera Ruffinatto, Dean of the Pontifical Faculty of Education "Auxilium", spoke on "The Global Compact on Education: review of the journey, intuitions, events, documents";
- Prof. Mario Llanos, Dean of the Faculty of Education of the Salesian Pontifical University, on "Openness to the Other as the Foundation of the Educational Pact in the University";
- Fr Roberto Dal Molin, President of the National Center for Salesian Works, on "Environmental Crisis as a Relational Crisis: the educational pact of the Italian Salesian educational environments";
- Prof. Fabio Pasqualetti, Dean of the Faculty of Social Communication Sciences of the Salesian Pontifical University, on "Educational and Technological Times in the Use of the Media";
- Prof. Alessandra Smerilli, professor at the Pontifical Faculty of Education "Auxilium" and member of the Council of State of Vatican City, on the theme "Educating (oneself) at the Service of Ecological Citizenship".
The reports were then followed by a broad and intense debate wherein participants interacted with the speakers to deepen and discuss the topics covered.