Impressive figures for the event: 67,000 participants from all over the world took part in EED, implementing and funding development programs organizations, governments and EU representatives; 745 exhibitions and presentations organized; 4,560 speakers involved, over a total of 860 sessions; 990 talks and bilateral meetings; 144 world leaders present, not counting the 9 Nobel Prize winners; 4,500 participating organizations and 154 countries represented.
You can find the full program of events and discussions on the EDD official website: https://eudevdays.eu
At an event of such magnitude, the Salesian Family could not remain on the margins. For this reason Mr. Mroczek actively took part in the debates concerning the following topics, all closely connected with the Salesian charism:
- Getting it right for children: Meaningful participation and equal opportunities.
- What's religion got to do with it?
- Launching SDG Watch Europe report on SDG 10.
- The role of young people in the peace processes.
- Flexible skills development for vulnerable young people.
- Climate change: Finding the path towards an inclusive and green transition leaving no one behind.
- Migrants contribution to development in the Global North (organized by Caritas Europe).
“Very meaningful and inspiring discussions related to the Don Bosco Mission worldwide,” commented Mr. Mroczek on the margins of the event.