The following take part in the Course, which is coordinated by the Vicar of the Rector Major, Fr Stefano Martoglio:
- Fr Tadeusz Jarecki, Provincial of Poland-Warsaw (PLE);
- Fr Ianos Andreasfalvy, Provincial of Hungary (UNG);
- Fr Marcin Kaznowski, Provincial of Poland-Krakow (PLS);
- Fr Manuel Fernando Garcia, Provincial of Spain-St James Greater (SSM);
- Fr Martin Hobza, Provincial of the Czech Republic (CEP);
- Fr Tadeusz Itrych, Provincial of Poland-Piła (PLN).
There are two especially noteworthy elements of this edition of the Course. First, the fact that it takes place in presence. It is, in fact, the first accompaniment course for the new Provincials which is carried out with the live in-person participation of those concerned since after the 28th General Chapter. Although digital meetings are now widely used by the members of the General Council for the animation of Provinces, groups and communities, the possibility of carrying out the Course in person, with all that this modality entails, certainly represents a message full of meanings and an undoubted success for the quality of the meeting.
The second novelty is also linked to this aspect. Normally, in fact, the Course for new Provincials takes place during the plenary sessions of the General Council, in summer and winter; this time, however, it takes place during an intermediate session - while some of the members of the Regional Councilors are engaged in Extraordinary Visits - and precisely for the specific purpose of recovering some of the time spent during these months in which live meetings were not in any way programmable.
The activities and contents of the program remain the traditional ones, aimed at promoting an integral care of the Provincial's person - in his spiritual and pastoral dimension, his physical health ... - and to allow knowledge of:
- the relevant legal elements in their own service;
- the specific features of the task of animation and government of the Province;
- identity and religious discipline;
- the work and activities of the various Sectors and Departments present at the Salesian Headquarters.
After the first day of presentation and introduction to the work sessions, the program officially opened on Monday 23 March with the intervention of the Rector Major, Fr Ángel Fernández Artime, who illustrated the Project Guidelines of the six-year term to the Provincials.
Formation then continues in the various appointments and talks with the Vicar of the Rector Major, Fr Martoglio, with the Sector Councilors, Fr Ivo Coelho (Formation), Fr Miguel Angel García Morcuende (Youth Ministry), Fr Gildasio Mendes (Social Communication), Fr Alfred Maravilla (Missions) and Bro. Jean Paul Muller (Economics), as well as with those in charge of other central services of the Congregation.